Saturday, June 03, 2006

GAH!

Pictures don't seem to want to load today, so my ramblings will have to wait until tomorrow.

Right now I'm using a Cool iCam, which is not only a children's toy, but also several years old. I have another cheapo digital camera (a slightly newer Batman camera, also a kid's toy) but it's unreliable and eats batteries like a mother. The iCam's actually faster anyway: I can take 20 pictures, load them onto the computer, and save the ones that turn out. If any.

Also, for some reason, I think the camera's shooting to the right. I take a photo and although I think I'm centered, I end up with more space on the left side of the picture:





Oh, so of course this one loads for me, five minutes later. Thanks, dialup! And, it could very well be my eye aimed in the wrong direction. Remember, "A poor craftsman blames his tool," and if you get that in your fortune cookie, the rest of the date probably isn't looking so good.

Where was I? Oh, well, lighting is also trial and error for me as well. My wife has a couple little halogen lamps she uses for jewelry displays, and I can borrow those. However, setting them up so there's no shadows or glare, is pure guesswork. What I'm saying is that over the course of this thing, there is hopefully going to be improvement. And if you're lucky, the learning curve will be pretty steep. Or maybe I'll upgrade everything down the line...for now, just squint and give me the benefit of the doubt, 'kay?

No comments: