Monday, July 31, 2006



I don't know if I've mentioned it yet here on the blog, but I'm a huge Evan Dorkin fan. I remember seeing promo art for Pirate Corp$! in Amazing Heroes, years and years ago, and thinking it was unlike anything I'd seen in comics yet. And ska must be the coolest thing ever!

Well, maybe not. But Dorkin has done reams of funny, funny stuff; from Milk & Cheese to Bill & Ted to Fightman (and if you missed Fightman's guest-spot in Agent X: be sad.) My only complaint with him is that I got a bunch of his stuff all at once: the Hectic Planet books, a lot of Milk & Cheese; and I completely gorged, a piggish little feast of comics goodness.

The only trouble is, Dorkin isn't as productive as I would like. And to flog a dead metaphor, I didn't just pick the trees bare, I stripped the bark too; and would have to wait a long time for new stuff from him. He's on the short list of creators whose writing I like as much as the art but I want both (like Adam Warren or Walt Simonson). He's also someone I will always buy new material from, sight unseen. He's earned it.

Why this particular panel, though? Ah, it'll make sense tomorrow...

No comments: