Friday, January 26, 2007

Probably the only explanation for Excalibur that's ever made sense.
Y'know, if these four decided to 'get the band back together,' I think I'd be OK with that.

From What The--?! #4, "Mutant Beach Party! Chapter 2, the Fall on the Mutants." Written by Kurt Busiek, pencils by Hector Collazo, inks by Kyle Baker.

My wife has a little party tomorrow, and the boy hurt his leg, while the youngest was a little beat from his playdate. So, I spent most of the evening cleaning and minding the youngest, while the kids watched Justice League Unlimited. (Well, the youngest ran around a bit more than he watched.) I didn't reckon I'd have much time to blog, and I was right.

Even though it had long stretches of 'meh' issues, and the last two years are just crap, I really liked the first run of Excalibur, particularly because it gave Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, and Phoenix a home for about ten years. But the above origin makes more sense to me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mutant Beach Party is the single funniest What Tha? or Not Brand Ecch or any parody Marvel has ever put out. It happened to coincide with when I got fed up with X-Men comics and gave them up. "Am I dead?" "No, you're just in Australia."