Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I don't like the set-up...

...but you can't argue with the delivery.

What the hell is this from? Still dredging posts out of draft mode (10-11-06!), but I think this is from one of those Justice League of America 100-page giants, that were like 80% reprints. The reprints weren't terrible, but they weren't great either. This is probably from a Black Canary/Starman story, that would get an interesting callback years later in James Robinson's Starman.

Over the weekend, I watched football while the Youngest watched Robots and the Oldest ran around the neighborhood, and I took about 400 pictures for the next several toy comics. I don't intentionally set out to do the Nightcrawler & Deadpool show, but this strip's run away from me, so I hope to start posting it soon. Hopefully...

Oh, hell: I was going to mention that I was tradewaiting for the new Deadpool series, but I have read a lot of it online, and the second issue seems stronger than the first. We'll see if I hold out!

1 comment:

SallyP said...

"Girl Gladiator"? Erupting like a Geyser?

What the hell?

The blinding him with her amulet is actually pretty clever. I'm just glad they didn't have her do it with a compact mirror while putting on her lipstick.