Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Why does Zemo keep trying this?


I have to admit that this is probably something I remember as happening more often than it ever actually did; but every once in a while, usually in mid-90's issues of What If?, if the writer wanted a shocking demise, there would be a scene where Captain America is killed by his own shield. It's one of those oh-so-clever moments that aims for irony and lands dead on stupid. (I have to admit though, having the top of Cap/pseudo-Cap's head lopped off by shield in Marvel Zombies was kind of funny.)

Zemo must have read the same comics. We've already seen him try this before, and the results were such that you'd think he would think twice before trying it again. Then again, I guess if your face was pretty much burned off, you probably figure that's the worst that could happen, and the next try has to go better.

I have to apologize, as I think I'm probably going to be dogging it a bit this week. Home stuff. Still going for daily posts, but the quality and quantity of nonsense may vary.

From Avengers #277, "The Price of Victory!" Written by Roger Stern, breakdowns by John Buscema, finishes by Tom Palmer.

2 comments:

Spencer Carnage said...

I like how Captain America is almost mockingly leaning back casually in the third panel, as if catching a SHIELD thrown by Zemo is no biggie. And he should be saying "Figures. Throws like a girl" or something.

Shablagoo! said...

lol ! ;)