Saturday, November 04, 2006

For the 52 readers out there.


I couldn't even guess if the 'Eggfu' reference is an intentional reference to Egg Fu, the old Wonder Woman villain that's currently involved somehow with the weekly series 52. If it was a newer comic, I'd have to say yes, since DC's continuity seems pretty tight lately, especially in regards to 52/One Year Later. This could be a broad generalization, but it seems like DC's editors have a tighter grip on the reins; while over at Marvel the writers are running the show now, and tearing off here and there.

All I know about Egg Fu is what I've seen on the internet, though. Seems an odd choice to bring back, but what I've seen of 52 seems devoted to shining a little light on more obscure parts of the DC Universe. The Skeets thing doesn't sound right, though; especially since I just watched that Justice League Unlimited episode again and hear all of Skeets' lines in Phillip Fry's voice now.

From Secret Origins #50, "The Startling Secret of the Space Museum!" Written by Gerard Jones, pencils by Carmine Infantino, inks by George Perez. I have a good batch of this series, although the more I think about it, most of the issues I bought when the series was originally coming out seem to be missing: the Warlord issue, Green Lantern/Poison Ivy, the Ambush Bug issue...

Some of my first comics were the old Marvel Star Wars, so I love those Infantino explosions. It would be quite some time before I ever saw his other work, like Flash.

No comments: