Saturday, May 26, 2007

My dog sounds like him, but can't fix a hyperdrive for anything:
Mr. Chewbacca if you're nasty.
Like every child, I have many times wished with all of my black heart for a real lightsaber. And a blaster. Sweet Rao, I want a blaster. I promise to leave it on stun most of the time. And the Millenium Falcon. And Artoo. But not Threepio. I don't need to know every little thing Artoo's saying, I'll get the gist of it.
Protect your neck!
But this issue made me realize how handy Chewbacca would be, moreso than fixing the hyperdrive, laying down covering fire, and getting things off the top shelf: cracking some motherloving skulls. And bodyguarding and extortion are only two of his many uses around the home!
I thought a mute bookie would be easier to deal with.  How wrong I was.
Chewbacca. Doesn't. Front. And god knows, I could use the backup, even today.

Again from Star Wars #59, "Bazaar!" Script and plot by David Michelinie, layouts and plot by Walter Simonson, inks by Tom Palmer.

No comments: