Wednesday, September 24, 2008

"Chances are, if you got here looking for 'Gorn,' there's a typo involved. And if I'm wrong, but you meant something other than this...don't correct me."

Last week (a couple of last weeks ago now, actually) I lost an eBay auction for an Art Asylum Star Trek Gorn figure (and Khan, and another Kirk, both of which were incidental at best) so I dug out the old Playmates version. He was a pretty good figure for the time, but is obviously a bit short to play with the more current figures. In a bit of a slap to the face, the Gorn captain also came with the cannon Kirk used to beat him.

The particularly hardcore Trek fans may notice the Kirk used here is from the second pilot, "Where No Man Has Gone Before." He came with the captain's chair with that weird little desklamp looking thing.

Still on no-internet mode, although maybe I'll get some posts done for later. Or maybe I'll play videogames. No telling, really.

2 comments:

SallyP said...

Teeheehee! The Gorn as Wile E. Coyote is SO delicious...as is the vision of him as a nerd. I would have paid money to see a Red-shirt run into a fake cave on the old Star Trek. Granted, not a LOT of money, but still...!

Marc Burkhardt said...

Man ... there was a period of time when the Gorn episode seemed to be re-run every other day.

Still, I love the idea of a Kirk/Gorn chase scene done in the Benny Hill style.