Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Two unintentional crossovers for today:

Um, I believe someone said something about dancing girls?
Longer strips will return, eventually: I even have maybe one, one and a short one banked away, but am still working on the next part. That and I've been busy, it's super-nice outside, blah, blah, blah. So, here's a couple put together with finds from that last garage sale haul:

I'm a little surprised I never had a Jabba before. The stamp on the bottom says 1997, and I had to look up in Stephen Sansweet's Star Wars: the Action Figure Archive, if he was a re-use of an older mold. He wasn't, but the older Return of the Jedi 1983 version didn't look too bad. Not unlike Jabba here, the Archive was a find in a bargain bin, and comes in handy even though it's a bit outdated now.

The three and three-quarter inch (or thereabouts) Star Trek figures haven't gotten rave reviews: Michael Crawford was less impressed with the figures themselves than the accessories. But I might be getting a little use out of them, and remain positive that you'll probably see deep discounts on a lot of the first wave later: don't run out and pay full price for Cadet McCoy or Chekov, is what I'm saying.


Is this a humvee? I don't know enough to say, nor about the seemingly old-school G.I. Joe stickers on it, with the helmeted guy over the "J." It's missing some kind of gun in the opening back section, but the batteries and sound button still works. It's stamped 2003, and Dusty looks right about right driving it. The Oldest has been playing with it, cramming as many people into it as he can. Still, it might be more fun to have a less...real-world vehicle, perhaps one that could hold more figures: Paul made a pretty good argument for one such example, and it's tempting.

Tomorrow: probably my longest comic related post in recent memory! And now that I've said that, I'm sure the roof'll cave in, or my scanner will implode, or something...

1 comment:

SallyP said...

That's one cool vehicle,and I'm glad that Deadpool at least, is enjoying himself.