Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Drinks for everyone!"

Dale from Mr. Morbid's House of Fun asked me what I used for drinks in my posts, and that struck me as a good excuse to be lazy as usual chance to be educational for a change! A great source of beer for your figures: McFarlane's Strange Brew figures from a few years back. I got them just for the accessories, and Bob and Doug McKenzie came with a pile: chairs, a cooler, a camp stove and food, a 'Great White North' backdrop, and beer, beer, beer. Longneck and short bottles, and cardboard cases. I know I gave a friend the figures, but they weren't bad; I just had what I needed. Another quick fix: Playmates Simpsons figures! Homer, Moe, and Barney, among others, will come with a nice frosty mug: it may be a little cartoony for your tastes, but it works. I know the jug's from Cletus, the slack-jawed yokel; but I'm at a loss for the moment as to who had the flask. Pretty sure it's from the Simpsons... There's others, some of which I'll have to try and find another time. And of course, if you have a modicum of craft in you, you may be able to knock out your own: I used to have a couple homemade bottles, cobbled together from old ads. For some reason, perennial Hulk villain the Gremlin had a bottle of MD 20/20 for several years, but trust me, if you looked like him you'd drink too.

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Hilarious as usual. And it is half of the fun of collecting figures, to find the proper accessories. I've found that some dollhouse and Barbie accessories are also about the right size...if you can stand something in that gawdawful shade of pink.

Susan said...

I remember that Toyfare used a lot of Barbie stuff for their skits. They also once printed instructions on how to make tiny beer cans, complete with labels.

Other figures that come with drinking accessories: Doonesbury's Uncle Duke (included with a book reprinting most of his strips, entitled "Action Figure!"), ST:TNG's Guinan from Playmates, and their large-size "Generations" Captain Kirk has a huge wine bottle if you wanna exaggerate.

Also, that first panel with Bender and Iron Man is now my desktop theme! :)

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Wow! A name drop and useful tips all on in one strip? Hell yeah! Thanks for the little drops of knowledge; I'll be actively looking for those instructions online too!