Monday, October 03, 2011

Since I'm running behind, here's Anarky vs. R'as al Ghul:


...and it gets worse for Lonnie, in Anarky #5, "War and Peace, part two" Written by Alan Grant, pencils by Norm Breyfogle, inks by Joe Rubinstein. When Anarky intercepts launch codes that R'as al Ghul is trying to use to destroy humanity, he quickly finds himself in over his head. Beaten, tortured, and with his own symbol carved in his chest, Anarky has no choice but to give up the codes. (They were on him, so they would've been found; but that never happens to Batman...)

R'as leaves his men to dispose of Anarky, who manages to escape by jumping out of a moving van into a river. Beaten, bleeding, and freezing; at the end of the issue he still manages a pose reminiscent of Wolverine in X-Men #132. Really need to find that next issue now...

Should have my lazy hide back in gear tomorrow. Here's hoping.

2 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Just bought Indigo Lantern Atom, and am really pleased! He really does look very similar to his Sword of Atom days, but w/ the Indigo L modified thing going on.

I now can produce a funny skit w/ him and Pym. That's later today.

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Just copied my response over here too:

Hey Goo,
If you're a big fan of the Atom, and don't have the regular version of him already, I'd pick this one up.

He really does look like his previous "Sword" incarnation, at least that's what I pretend; the same goes for the tribal tattoos.

I have 2 issues of Power of the Atom,and I really need to pick up the rest, even though I already know what happens, those were really good stories by Roger Stern.

With Hank, I saw an immediate good-natured rivalry which I really didn't do that good of a job portraying. Maybe more skits in the future?

As for the sink, yeah pretty much everybody's sink has some of that flem you mentioned lurking about.

Now how about officially becoming a follower of mine huh? You know you want to.....