Thursday, June 06, 2013


Over the yahrens--I mean, years---the various incarnations and eras of Battlestar: Galactica have been popular enough for comic book versions. Yet, I don't think any lasted as long as Marvel's, and I don't think it's been reprinted, either; which means finding any for me has been strictly by chance. Like today's book! From 1980, Battlestar: Galactica #12, "The Trap!" Written and co-plotted by Roger McKenzie, penciled and co-plotted by Walt Simonson, inks by Klaus Janson.

And there are several traps here! Commander Adama is still trapped in the Memory Machine, where he had been trying to recover any lost recollection of the lost Thirteenth Colony. Starbuck is trapped by Eurayle, the somewhat-psychotic empress of the Scavenger World: she could possibly use her mental powers to save Adama, but only if Starbuck will become her consort. Or boy toy. Whatever.

As Starbuck says his goodbyes to his, um, several true loves; and gives himself to Eurayle; three Cylon base stars close in on Galactica. Tigh leads the fleet in setting a trap with the Scavengers, but welcomes the return of Adama! His tactical genius will surely save the day...


...really? "Launch all vipers"? I could'a done that...

Anyway, I need to keep an eye out for more of these; which of course didn't occur to me at all the other day.

No comments: