Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bought a figure, made a poster...haven't seen the movie yet.


I had to make a Jaeger poster for my ancestral homeland, on the Pacific Rim Jaeger Designer: look, if Kaiju make it from the ocean, to Montana, you may as well just let me pilot a damn robot, I'm the least of your worries. I do like how there were poster options besides ocean or wrecked cityscapes--there's more wrecked buildings on the posters than there are buildings in Montana--and this one has trees and snow, just like home! It is, of course, snowing even now in Big Sky country...Check out Fourth String Jaegers for far more fun lesser giant robots.

I also bought one of NECA's Crimson Typhoon figures, because it's neat, and because it and the other robot--Gipsy Danger?--appear to be sold out now in my neck of the woods. And yet, since I've been running behind all week, I probably won't get to see the actual movie for another two weeks; which makes me feel like I've let down the side and now Pacific Rim won't get a sequel or more figures or a breakfast cereal or anything. Disappointing.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

That's pretty cool they let you represent your home state like that.

Reminds of the cool Simpsons movie website that let you turn yourself into a Simpson-style character.

For the record, I;d let you pilot your own Jaeger, but i don't think you should bring Sam. Just saying is all......