Friday, February 28, 2014

Oh, we're totally going to keep blogging. Just not much today...


Even though I consider myself a pretty avid reader, I don't have as much time for it as I used to; and I tend to dislike or distrust multi-novel series. I lucked out with Stephen King finishing his Gunslinger books, but I worry if I start reading Game of Thrones Martin won't conclude the series. (That and I'm in no hurry to start reading it, and get attached to characters that are going to die horribly.) So I really enjoy comic book novels, that are usually done in one. Like this one! Although don't try to find it on Amazon, since I ordered one there and they came up with nothing! X-Men: Dark Mirror, written by Marjorie M. Liu.

It would be bad enough for the X-Men (Jean, Rogue, Cyclops, Wolverine, and Nightcrawler) to wake up in an asylum outside of Seattle. It's even worse when they don't wake up in their own bodies! With no powers, no cash, and no contacts; they have to make their way across the country and back to Westchester while trying to piece together what happened to them and what the larger plan against them is. It's a fun read if you can find it!

Meanwhile, I found Torchwood: Miracle Day on Netflix, so I'm going to be watching that...

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Sounds like an interesting premise to me so far. I don't usually read comic novels myself, but again, this one actually seems like it'd be a decent read.

Shine on you crazy diamond;)