Friday, October 17, 2014

The poster from 2012, the mask from 2011, but I've had them for two comic-cons...


This week's issue of BPRD: Hell on Earth (#124) is an excellent, single issue story; a great place to start reading. And super-creepy. But if you've been reading since 1994's Hellboy: Seed of Destruction #1, you are both old, and in the possession of a pretty good pile of comics. Especially if you're not trade-waiting, and you've been getting the assorted Mignolaverse books like Sledgehammer 44, Lobster Johnson, and Baltimore. Strictly speaking, the latter isn't in the same universe, but it's Mike Mignola so it's going in the same box!

However disorganized you may assume I am...let me assure you, it's far more so. But most of my Mignola-books were together in a box...that got full. And has been in my garage, so I haven't been putting new issues in. Problem, or opportunity, for a proper longbox home for them? After some liberal application of packing and duct tape, yeah! It's reinforced and water resistant!

I've had this in mind forever, so it'll be nice to finish putting all those issues in there. Plus, it's a good opportunity to re-read a ton of them. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Ha ha!
Cool mask. I'm sure Ron Perlman might agree.

You seem to have quite the Mignola collection. Does include his Marvel/DC work, or just strictly the Mignolaverse stuff?

googum said...

Some! I know there's a couple issues of his Dracula adaptation, Rocket Raccoon, some old Alpha Flight...

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Cool, cool.
What's the deal with Lobster Johnson though? Does he have a secret healing factor worthy of Wolverine, or just plain tough?