Thursday, December 04, 2014

Continuing an unintended theme, more Tarot cards...


We've mentioned the A.B.C. Warriors before, and I continue to randomly stumble into non-sequential reprints of the robots. Today's story (Script by Pat Mills, art by Kevin O'Neill) was reprinted in 1987's Quality Comics Rogue Trooper #5, but mentions the next chapter would appear in an entirely different title, Sam Slade #6! Crap, I actually think I have that...it has a short Alan Moore/Steve Dillon story that I don't think was very good.

This episode introduces Deadlock, Grand Wizard (an unfortunate title...) of the Knights Martial; robots with strange powers and disciplines that A.B.C. Warrior Hammerstein describes as "making the rest of us look like Robbie the Robot!" Who also had a lot of weird powers, if I remember Forbidden Planet correctly...Deadlock tells Hammerstein that he foresaw his coming in the Tarot cards, and will join him, if Hammerstein can defeat him in a tournament. The next issue blurb teases "the secret powers of Deadlock!" so I'm guessing it wasn't gonna be a walk in the park.

Well, now if I can find another random issue with Tarot cards for the week...

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can make money by locking selected pages of your blog or site?
To start just open an account on AdWorkMedia and embed their content locking widget.