Thursday, January 05, 2017

Eventually, a blind-bag with Nightcrawler is going to get all my money...


I still haven't seen an episode of Justice League Action, but I saw some of the blind-bagged mini-figures half-off after-Christmas...that's too many hyphens, but let's go on. After buying ten bags, I only have five of the eight figures in the first series; and wouldn't mind trying a few more times for the Firestorm one. Then I'll hold out for the next series for Wonder Woman and a perfect sized Atom.

I like DC's "Mighty Mini" figures more than Marvel's 500 series. GameStop had the third series two for a buck, which is about what they should've been from the start. (Regular price was around three dollars.) The 500's are unarticulated, and the paint is minimal. There's also a lot of repaints, some different looks for the same character; others repainting a blank into a new character, like the Spot and the Blizzard here. Which is fine, I'm pretty sure Marvel Legends Blizzard and Eel are more or less the same figure. I think I have some more of these, that the wife got on a cake...

Blind-bags (or blind-boxes) seem to be the in-trend right-now (damnit, not again!) but aside from the occasional Lego mini-fig or what I randomly find on clearance, I don't sink too much into them. I am worried eventually Marvel will start pushing the X-Men license again, and I'll be gnawing open bags looking for a Nightcrawler whatever, and swearing like crazy every time I get someone else! I've also noticed I haven't been logging these for the year-end totals, but that's as much a laziness issue as anything.

1 comment:

Mr. Morbid's House Of Fun said...

Wow those DC one really are better. Not by much but at least they're full painted whereas the Marvel ones are pure slop.

I just gotta' see one of these famous Nightcrawler freak-outs just 'cause, and because its about Kurt, and not the usual suspects like Deadpool, Wolverine or Cable.